I’m Never Living in Isolation Again

Follow by Email

By Treble Hook

This happened to me a couple of years back we first moved to Ohio. You probably know Ohio for it’s major cities like Cleveland and Cincinnati, but outside of town there’s nothing but trees, and well, more trees.

We moved from an apartment complex to an old cabin because my mom wanted to get out of town. I know it sounds stereotypical to move to a creepy cabin, but it’s true.

You’re probably wondering, why would we move to such a creepy place then? Well, my mom wanted to be able to sit out on the front porch and sip coffee in peace, while I always wanted to go out and make things, discover things, and just have fun. But on the inside I did have a fear of something out there. My sister who is a couple of years older than me, wanted to hang out with her friends, she hated going outside and actually doing things, which is unfortunate because I wanted someone to play outside with.

Luckily I had my dog, fluffy. She’s a black lab with a touch of white on her chest, and she was really soft as a puppy, so that’s how she got her name. She’d often run off, but she would always come back later, so I stopped worrying about her. My dad moved with his side of the family who lives somewhere west. I honestly forgot where exactly, it’s been so long. So it’s just me, my mom, and my sister, alone.

Now that I got that out of the way, this is my encounter with the creature that still has gone unexplained.

My sister and I were camping outside of the cabin. For some reason she is always cooking marshmallows over the stove in the house. It’s a good idea, but it’s odd. Since she likes marshmallows and I’m basically a pyromaniac, we decided to camp outside right where our yard meets the trees and start a fire.

After we had our fair share of mallows and hot dogs, I slept inside my sister’s car because we didn’t have a tent, she went into the house to sleep. I woke up to the bushes crackling and rustling. I don’t know what time it was because I didn’t have anything to check, but the lights in the house were out except for the porch lights, so everyone was asleep. I sat up from the passenger seat and tried to focus my eyes in the darkness outside.

The bush that was moving was right by the passenger door, which was where I was sleeping. After listening and looking out the window for a solid 10 minutes, I decided that I was going to try to get back to sleep, but I started to hype myself up. I rounded up the courage to hop out of the car and run for it. I got to the back porch and turned and looked to see if I being followed, but I still couldn’t see anything very well. All I could see was the red hot coals of the fire we made.

Then I turned to open the door but I heard something running towards me. It almost sounded like hooves, but not four, two.

And they weren’t very consistent. I looked back and saw a tall, thing, almost limping, very fast towards me. It had long hair that was bouncing behind it, but it looked clumped together and very matted in the silhouette. I twisted the door handle, but it was locked, of course.

Running around the side of the house, I was thinking, why would she lock the door when she knew I was outside? What If I got hungry? But I quickly lost the thought when remembered what was happening. I reached the front door and got the spare key, then I unlocked it and went inside, locking the door behind me. I heard the now slow footsteps of the thing walking outside the window. Peeking through the blinds, I was able a good look at it in the porch light. It was tall, and skinny. It’s matted hair was clumped with leaves and dirt, and it had very thin legs, with hooves. It definitely wasn’t human. I couldn’t catch it’s face, I’m almost glad I didn’t.

I thought for a couple of minutes, then I remember that my mom had her cellphone and could call 911.

I ran upstairs to my mom’s room, but she wasn’t there. Before I could even worry, something was pounding on the front door. I hid in my room for 10 minutes after, wondering, what should I do?

Then I heard my mom call for me from downstairs, very angrily. Apparently the pounding on the door was my mom, and she said she couldn’t find the spare key, that’s because I took it inside with me.

She went to the nearest gas station to get some medicine for my sister because she felt sick. My sister had to crawl through the window to unlock the door for my mom. The creature was nowhere to be found, only muddy hoof prints were left behind, which was enough proof to my mom that my experience was true.

My mom still isn’t very convinced, but when something happens to her, we’ll be living in apartments again.


Please Login to comment
Notify of